Appetite is a severe problem for many. It is the main thing which gets affected when we are in stress, chronic pain, insomnia or any other serious illness. A lack of appetite can lead to malnutrition, affecting a patient’s immune system, therefore, affecting his healing or recovering capacity. Cannabis or medical marijuana is well-known appetite stimulant with scientific evidence. It is available in an MA dispensary on producing a medical card.
How does cannabis stimulate appetite?
The primary active compound in cannabis, tetrahydrocannabinol or THC raises the levels of two vital hunger-regulating hormones in human body. The Synthetic forms of this compound have shown similar results. But, it has reported smoked marijuana has greater effectiveness. It is found that doses of medical cannabis regulate eating and encourage patients to take in more calories.
Methods of medical cannabis intake:
If you live in parts of the country where medical cannabis is legal, and then you can choose to take your prescribed dose in various forms.
- Most users prefer to smoke cannabis.
- Oromucosal solutions- They are potions which are absorbed in the mouth or the throat by fast dissolving solid or liquid.
- Steam inhalation of the plant through the use of specialised vaporiser equipment
- Ingesting the plant as an ingredient in a food item.
Medical cannabis can alleviate many symptoms of chronic illness, such as in AIDS patients where the weight gain may be higher than expected from the calories taken. It is one of the few options for appetite stimulation thereby helping patients to overcome, manage and recover from their illness.
Some of the best strains used to increase the appetite.
- Blue Dream – It is a hybrid strain that exhibits a fine balance between functionality and appetite boost.
- Critical Mass – It has a piny and earthy taste which is preferred by patients. It has moderately high THC content and is indica heavy.
- Lavender- It is a strain often used to treat gastrointestinal diseases. It has moderately low indica content which is the right balance for hunger-inducing hormone and will not induce sleep.
- Blackberry kush- This is also a strain which is commonly used for treating stomach ailments. It is rich in indica which boosts appetite and equally strong psychoactive reaction.
- Girl Scout cookies- It is known to induce a euphoric state and also stimulates appetite, it is the great way to consume more calories.
- Giga bud- it is indica heavy strain which also promotes a healthy gastrointestinal tract. It is also used by patients suffering from chronic illness.
- NYC diesel- it is a floral and fruity smelling drug, reminding the gut of how hungry it is. It is one of the few sativa heavy strains.
These are some of the likes of the strain available in an MA dispensary. It is best to consult a doctor to choose the right variant before consuming one since everyone reacts differently to different strains. It is to empower you with knowledge of what is available in the market if you would genuinely like to improve your eating habits.